Loony Legends are some of the most toughest runners in the world!
Loony Legends requirements include (runners must submit a list of completed race dates to Mainly Marathons):
- Completed at least 100 “long” (half marathon or longer) Mainly Marathons races.
- Completed all current Mainly Marathons series (Dust Bowl Series can be used in place of Summer Camp). This means you earned the “Series Finisher” medal for completing all races in a series (all races being half marathon or longer).
Mini Loony Legends requirements include:
- Completed at least 100 “short” (5K or 10K) Mainly Marathons races.
- Completed all current Mainly Marathons series (Dust Bowl Series can be used in place of Summer Camp). This means you earned the “Series Finisher” medal for completing all races in a series (all races being 5K or 10K).
Once inducted, Loony Legends will receive the following:
- Permanent recognition on the Loony Lunchbox, so your caricature will be represented at every mainland series as one of the most dedicated and toughest runners!
- Permanent recognition on the Loony Legends page on MainlyMarathons.com, including a summary of all your running accomplishments!
- An exclusive custom-designed sticker to be on all of your Mainly Marathons’ bibs to show how loony you are!
- Induction ceremony at “The Loonies”, held in St. Cloud, MN during our Summer Camp Series!
- FREE food and beverages! All are welcome!
James “Jimbo” Alexander
“Water Goddess” Kelly Shank (Volunteer Loony Legend)
David Hoyt (Mini Loony Legend)
Ed Del Favero