Prairie Series: CANCELLED
Days 1 & 2 (Fri, Sept 25/Sat, Sept 26): Breckenridge, MN/Wahpeton, ND
Day 3 (Sun, Sept 27): Baltic, SD
Day 4 (Mon, Sept 28): Sioux City, IA
Day 5 (Tue, Sept 29): South Sioux City, NE
Day 6 (Wed, Sept 30): TBA, KS
Day 7 (Thu, Oct 1): St. Joseph, MO
Series Dates: Friday, September 25 – Thursday, October 1, 2020
Race Times: All races in this series begin at 7:30 AM (CT).
Early Start: Yes (optional); click HERE for details.
Packet Pickup: Welles Park-Fairgrounds, Nebraska Ave, Breckenridge MN (start location for days 1/2), starting at 6:00 AM (CT). No pasta dinner for this series due to Running Ragged: 20in20.
Race Day Packet Pickup/Registration: Beginning at 6:00 AM (CT) on race day, at the start line.
Time Limit: None. We have a “no runner left behind” policy, and we happily stay until the final finisher crosses the line. Walkers are always welcome!
Pets/Strollers: Pets are not allowed, for the safety and comfort of our runners/walkers; you’re welcome to bring a stroller if you have small children.
Group dinners, hotels, and airports: Check Prairie Series Facebook Group.
Hotel Searches: MN/ND, SD, IA, NE, KS, MO
Discounts: $10 discount on marathon/half marathon to active military, as well as members of any club that will list these events on their calendar. (Active.com requires a code to receive discount, which you can find on the club’s site or by contacting us.) We also offer a discount for local participants; contact us for details.
Food/Aid Stations: Due to our unique multi-loop course setup, we have one giant “aid station,” with more food and drink than you could ever need! Ask anyone who’s run at least one of our races; we’ve got everything from fruit to jelly beans to sandwiches, water to Gatorade to hot coffee, and everything in between. Way more than just granola bars and bananas–we even have our very own mobile kitchen, Loony Lunchbox!
Registration information is below. You may do any number of races; special medals are awarded to those who complete all seven!
- Days 1 & 2: Minnesota / North Dakota (Start in ND – finish in MN, both days)
- Welles Park-Fairgrounds
- Nebraska Avenue
- Breckenridge, MN
- GPS (map): N 46.264596, W 96.594564
- Course Surface: Mix of gravel and asphalt roads with little shade. Turnaround at a zoo.
- Elevation Gain (per lap estimates by Garmin): 20′
- Tentative Course Laps: 14 for Marathon
- Course Lap Preview: First Lap (Start in ND, Finish in MN)
- Course Lap Preview: Normal Lap
- Day 3: South Dakota
- Day 4: Iowa
- Day 5: Nebraska
- Crystal Cove Park
- 700 W 39th Street
- South Sioux City, NE
- GPS (map): N 42.45164, W 96.42867
- Course Surface: Wide concrete path around a lake with moderate shade.
- Elevation Gain (per lap estimates by Garmin): 7′
- Tentative Course Laps: 12 for Marathon
- Day 6: Kansas
- TBA, KS
- GPS (map): TBA
- Course Surface: TBA
- Tentative Course Laps: TBA
- Day 7: Missouri
- Heritage Park Softball Complex
- 2202 Waterworks Road
- St. Joseph, MO
- GPS: N 39.790137, W 94.876367
- Course Surface: Smooth concrete path along the river with moderate shade.
- Elevation Gain (per lap estimates by Garmin): 36′
- Tentative Course Laps: 16 for Marathon
Travel distances/times between race locations:
- Day 1/2 (MN/ND) => Day 3 (SD): 195 miles, 2:44
- Day 3 (SD) => Day 4 (IA): 101 miles, 1:29
- Day 4 (IA) => Day 5 (NE): 10 miles, 0:21
- Day 5 (NE) => Day 6 (KS): TBA
- Day 6 (KS) => Day 7 (MO): TBA
What about the bling?
We all know that’s the best part! Every participant will receive one t-shirt and other fun goodies.
All finishers will receive a separate medal for each day; in addition, we give a special medal to those who complete all races in a series.
We even give a special award to each person participating in his or her first full or half marathon!
The best part: The famous caboose, given to the final finisher of each marathon and half marathon!