Welcome to the world’s best multi-day, multi-state Running Series!
Mainly Marathons has over 80 events across 14 series taking place in all 50 states!
Mainly Marathons Race Schedule Changes. – This post will be updated regularly, as we continue to work with local contacts and permitting authorities.
Due to COVID-19, the following 2021 Mainly Marathons events have been CANCELLED:
- 2021 Aloha Series
- 2021 Gulf Coast Series
The 2021 Dust Bowl Series in March was our first live event of 2021, followed by the 2021 Riverboat Series in April. We followed our COVID Safety Measures (see below) and we will continue to follow these protocols for the foreseeable future, so please review if you’re planning to participate in one of our upcoming live events. The 2021 Prairie Series was able to take place as scheduled including the new Day 8 location in Miami, Oklahoma. We’ll continue to maintain contact with our permitting authorities and hope that we can host our 2021 Calendar as planned.
2021 Independence Series Update:
- Day 1 (Bear, DE): Same location; although, free entertainment is added with a cricket tournament taking place near our course.
- Day 2 (Elkton, MD): New course, albeit we’ll still be in the Fair Hills Natural Resources Management Area – Blackridge Rd & Appleton Rd, Elkton, MD 21921 GPS: 39.716305, -75.822083
- Day 3 (Douglassville, PA): New course near previous location. Union Township Recreation Area – 100 Campbell Ford Rd, Douglassville, PA 19518 GPS: 40.260061, -75.781695
- Day 4 (Branchville, NJ): Same as previous years.
- Day 5 (Port Jervis, NY): Same as previous years.
2021 New England Series Update:
- Day 1 (Matamoras, PA): Same as previous years, course will be rearranged.
- Day 2 (Simsbury, CT): Same as previous years
- Day 3 (Lincoln, RI): Same as previous years
- Day 4 (Chicopee, MA): New location near previous location.
- Day 5 (Springfield, VT): Same as previous years.
- Day 6 (Claremont, NH): Same as previous years
- Day 7 (Sanford, ME): Same location as previous years. Course start will be closer to the skate park to avoid YMCA parking lot. Showers at the YMCA have not been confirmed yet.
2021 Heartland Series Update:
- Day 1 (Hicksville, Ohio): New location at Defiance County Fairgrounds, which is closer to Day 2.
- Day 2 (Niles, Michigan): Same as previous years.
- Day 3 (Portage, Indiana): Same as previous years.
- Day 4 (Fulton, Illinois): Same as previous years.
- Day 5 (Clinton, Iowa): Same as previous years.
- Day 6 (Sparta, Wisconsin): Same as previous years.
- Day 7 (St. Cloud, Minnesota): Same as previous years.
2021 Alaska Series Update:
- The City and Borough of Juneau has approved permits for all four days; although, it is important for those traveling to Juneau from out-of-state to be informed of COVID-related travel restrictions and to adhere to Alaska Safe Travels’ guidelines.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we continue to work with all of the different permitting authorities and varying State guidelines to ensure a safe event.
Best wishes to you all – Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and Cheers to Staying Active!
The Mainly Marathons crew
Updated: May 19, 2021
Buy a Race and Get One Free!
Register for one race and get your next race of equal (or lesser) value FREE! One free race per customer who has not already had a free race. Free race must be used in the same series of a paid race. Before registering, email MB@MainlyMarathons.com for details.
Are YOU a Loonatic?
If you participate in Mainly Marathons events, you are, and we want to reward your efforts!
We give awards for completing half marathons or longer at 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, and 400 races with Mainly Marathons! All awards will be updated June 2018 to custom-made plasma cut sculptures (includes custom metal-stamped nameplate)! In order to be added to the Loonatic List, please submit your list of completed Mainly Marathons’ races (half marathon or longer) totaling 25 or more. We’ll keep track of your Mainly Marathon race total thereafter.
Questions or corrections, please email MB@MainlyMarathons.com.
And click HERE to view our top Loonatics!
Still on the fence? Our amazing and LOONY running community is comprised of the kindest, most supportive, and toughest runners in the world. They make Mainly Marathons events so much fun. Check out these testimonials to hear why so many runners return to Mainly Marathons over and over again!
Thousands of happy runners agree, Mainly Marathons is simply the best marathon series on the planet!
Have you ever wanted to see how far you can push yourself, how many races in a row you can run?!
Join us for one of our Running Ragged events. Our Running Ragged events are a combination of two or three of our series without a break. That means you can do 11+ races in as many days! Each year, we’ll have one or two Running Ragged events. Completing all days of a Running Ragged events earns you bonus bling, such as epic belt buckles!
Here’s the current list of Running Ragged streakers: Stacey Kozel, Jim Simpson, and Kevin Brosi.
If running with us isn’t loony enough, we have a “Double Down” option to run two races in one day and to earn even more medals!
After the completion of your race, you may run another. BUT the second race will be limited to a 5K or 10K.
AND you may purchase your second race at HALF-PRICE. You may purchase this second race in advance or on race day.
BUT you must be able to complete both races within the 50K time limit and the longer race must be run first.
For those of you thinking “This is MADNESS, why would anyone want to do two?” The answer is, “Yes, this is a tad beyond normal, but our runners are asking for this option.. For example, they are doing a 5K after their marathon, 10K after a half.”
Contact Daniel@MainlyMarathons.com with any questions.
You’ve seen them on the course. They rarely win, but you always see them out there running, and running and running. And sometimes walking.
These events were inspired by and designed for them, and for those who just want to run long and run often.
Whether you want to participate in one marathon, half-marathon, or 5K, pick up a couple of new states in your quest to finish all 50, or you want to take the ultimate challenge and run every race in a series, we encourage you to join us. Walkers are just as welcome as runners: none of our races have a time limit, and you never need to worry about whether you’ll make it before the course support has packed up and gone home. (In fact, we have become famous for celebrating last place in every race with the now-coveted caboose!)
Mainly Marathons puts on a race series like no other, from the unique course setup to the unparalleled spread of food and drinks to fuel you on your journey, all mixed with a sense of fun and family you just won’t find anywhere else.
Peace and Toudaloo!
Jesse and Daniel Rueckert
We reserve the right to refuse registration and participation in our events.