Day 1 (Sun, April 15): Winnsboro, Louisiana
Day 2 (Mon, April 16): Lake Village, Arkansas
Day 3 (Tue, April 17): Hollandale, Mississippi
Day 4 (Wed, April 18): Millington, Tennessee
Day 5 (Thu, April 19): Columbus, Kentucky
Day 6 (Fri, April 20): Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Day 7 (Sat, April 21): Vienna, Illinois
Series Dates: Sunday, April 15-Saturday, April 21, 2018
Race Times: All races in this series begin at 6:30 AM CDT.
Free Pasta Dinner, Packet Pickup, and Registrations: Saturday, April 14, 4-6 PM, Civitan Park, Winnsboro LA.
Race Day Packet Pickup/Registration: One hour before start time on race day, at the start line.
Early Start: Yes, for marathon, half-marathon, and 50K; 5:30 AM CDT, every day.
Average Temps: Low 45-54/High 66-78
Time Limit: None. We have a “no runner left behind” policy, and we happily stay until the final finisher crosses the line. Walkers are always welcome! Participants with an average finish time over 7:00 are encouraged to consider the early start.
Pets/Strollers: Pets are not allowed, for the safety and comfort of our runners/walkers; you’re welcome to bring a stroller if you have small children.
Discounts: $10 discount on marathon/half marathon to active military, as well as members of any club that will list these events on their calendar. (Active.com requires a code to receive discount, which you can find on the club’s site or by contacting us.) We also offer a discount for local participants; contact us for details.
Food/Aid Stations: Due to our unique multi-loop course setup, we have one giant “aid station,” with more food and drink than you could ever need! Ask anyone who’s run at least one of our races; we’ve got everything from fruit to jelly beans to sandwiches, water to Gatorade to hot coffee, and everything in between. Way more than just granola bars and bananas–we even have our very own mobile kitchen, Loony Lunchbox!
Group dinners, hotels, and airports: Check the Riverboat Series Facebook Group.
Registration information is below. You may do any number of races; special medals are awarded to those who complete all seven!
- Day 1: Louisiana
- Civitan Park, across from America’s Best Value Inn
- 4198 Front Street
- Winnsboro, LA
- GPS: N 32.155111, W 91.710596
- Day 2: Arkansas
- Lake Chicot State Park (Area B Bath House)
- 2542 Hwy 257 (Hwy 257 is off of Hwy 144)
- Lake Village, AR
- GPS: N 33.369525, W 91.196515
- Day 3: Mississippi
- Leroy Percy State Park
- 1400 Hwy 12 W
- Hollandale, MS
- GPS: N 33.16056, W 90.93222
- Day 4: Tennessee
- Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park (Picnic Shelter 1 and 2)
- 760 Piersol Road
- Millington, TN
- GPS: N 35.337253, W 90.038017
- Day 5: Kentucky
- Columbus-Belmont State Park (Snack Bar area)
- 350 Park Road
- Columbus, KY
- GPS: N 36.765698, W 89.110476
- Day 6: Missouri
- Osage Park
- 1625 N. Kingshighway
- Cape Girardeau, MO
- GPS: N 37.32806, W 89.57004
- Day 7: Illinois
- Tunnel Hill Trail (On East Vine Street at city park and Tunnel Hill State Park Trail)
- Vienna, IL
- GPS: N 37.41720, W 88.88986
Travel distances/times between race locations:
- Day 1 (LA) => Day 2 (AR): 92 miles, 1:51
- Day 2 (AR) => Day 3 (MS): 39 miles, 0:44
- Day 3 (MS) => Day 4 (TN): 176 miles, 3:02
- Day 4 (TN) => Day 5 (KY): 124 miles, 2:23
- Day 5 (KY) => Day 6 (MO): 60 miles, 1:16
- Day 6 (MO) => Day 7 (IL): 46 miles, 0:59
What about the bling?
We all know that’s the best part! Every participant (full or half marathon) will receive one t-shirt and other fun goodies.
All finishers will receive a separate medal for each day; in addition, we give a special medal to those who complete all races in a series.
We even give a special award to each person participating in his or her first full or half marathon!
The best part: The famous caboose, given to the final finisher of each marathon and half marathon!
Looking for something to do between races?
Click HERE to check out an extensive list of points of interest along the way!