Prairie Series: July 21-27, 2019
Days 1 & 2 (Sun, July 21/Mon, July 22): Breckenridge, MN/Wahpeton, ND
Day 3 (Tue, July 23): Baltic, SD
Day 4 (Wed, July 24): Sioux City, IA
Day 5 (Thu, July 25): South Sioux City, NE
Day 6 (Fri, July 26): Hiawatha, KS
Day 7 (Sat, July 27): St. Joseph, MO
Series Dates: Sunday, July 21-Saturday, July 27, 2019
Race Times: All races in this series begin at 5:30 AM CDT.
Early Start: Yes (optional); click HERE for details.
Packet Pickup: Saturday, July 20, 4-6 PM, Welles Park-Fairgrounds, Nebraska Ave, Breckenridge MN (start location for days 1/2). Free pasta dinner will be served during packet pickup, at the start location.
Race Day Packet Pickup/Registration: Beginning at 4:00 AM CDT on race day, at the start line.
Time Limit: None. We have a “no runner left behind” policy, and we happily stay until the final finisher crosses the line. Walkers are always welcome!
Pets/Strollers: Pets are not allowed, for the safety and comfort of our runners/walkers; you’re welcome to bring a stroller if you have small children.
Group dinners, hotels, and airports: Check Prairie Series Facebook Group.
Discounts: $10 discount on marathon/half marathon to active military, as well as members of any club that will list these events on their calendar. (Active.com requires a code to receive discount, which you can find on the club’s site or by contacting us.) We also offer a discount for local participants; contact us for details.
Food/Aid Stations: Due to our unique multi-loop course setup, we have one giant “aid station,” with more food and drink than you could ever need! Ask anyone who’s run at least one of our races; we’ve got everything from fruit to jelly beans to sandwiches, water to Gatorade to hot coffee, and everything in between. Way more than just granola bars and bananas–we even have our very own mobile kitchen, Loony Lunchbox!
Registration information is below. You may do any number of races; special medals are awarded to those who complete all six!
- Days 1 & 2: Minnesota / North Dakota (Start in ND – finish in MN, both days)
- Welles Park-Fairgrounds
- Nebraska Avenue
- Breckenridge, MN
- GPS: N 46.264596, W 96.594564
- Course Surface: Mix of gravel and asphalt roads with a few small hills. Turnaround at a zoo.
- Tentative Course Laps: 14 for Marathon
- Day 3: South Dakota
- River Park
- River Park Road
- Baltic, SD
- GPS: N 43.76531, W 96.73927
- Course Surface: Flat, gravel path with scenic views of a waterfall.
- Tentative Course Laps: 22 for Marathon
- Day 4: Iowa
- Riverside Park
- 1272 Council Oak Drive
- Sioux City, IA
- GPS: N 42.49638, W 96.47442
- Course Surface: Mostly flat, wide asphalt path along the river with a few slight hills.
- Tentative Course Laps: 12 for Marathon
- Day 5: Nebraska
- Crystal Cove Park
- 700 W 39th Street
- South Sioux City, NE
- GPS: N 42.45164, W 96.42867
- Course Surface: Flat, wide concrete path around a lake.
- Tentative Course Laps: 12 for Marathon
- Day 6: Kansas
- Hiawatha High School
- 600 Red Hawk Drive
- Hiawatha, KS
- GPS: N 39.85290, W 95.52458
- Course Surface: Flat, smooth biking path with some small hills.
- Tentative Course Laps: 18 for Marathon
- Day 7: Missouri
- Heritage Park Softball Complex
- 2202 Waterworks Road
- St. Joseph, MO
- GPS: N 39.790137, W 94.876367
- Course Surface: Flat, smooth concrete path along the river.
- Tentative Course Laps: 16 for Marathon
Travel distances/times between race locations:
- Day 1/2 (MN/ND) => Day 3 (SD): 195 miles, 2:44
- Day 3 (SD) => Day 4 (IA): 101 miles, 1:29
- Day 4 (IA) => Day 5 (NE): 10 miles, 0:21
- Day 5 (NE) => Day 6 (KS): 209 miles, 3:13
- Day 6 (KS) => Day 7 (MO): 43 miles, 0:45
What about the bling?
We all know that’s the best part! Every participant (full or half marathon) will receive one t-shirt and other fun goodies.
All finishers will receive a separate medal for each day; in addition, we give a special medal to those who complete all races in a series.
We even give a special award to each person participating in his or her first full or half marathon!
The best part: The famous caboose, given to the final finisher of each marathon and half marathon!